Districts will only have 45 days to complete the 2020 FFY Cost Report
Due to the public health emergency (PHE) related to COVID-19, the opening of SHARS 2020 cost reports was delayed from the typical opening date of January 1, 2021. Texas Administrative Code (TAC) rule §355.8443 requires ISDs to complete and certify their cost reports for FFY2020 on or before April 1, 2021. The SHARS FFY2020 cost report will open on February 15, 2021. This will allow approximately 45 days for the cost report to be completed.
- FFY2020 SHARS Cost Reports will open in STAIRS on February 15, 2021
- All FFY2020 SHARS cost reports will close on April 1, 2021 as noted in TAC rule §355.8443
Reminders and additional information:
- Districts are encouraged to complete the cost report as soon as possible
- Step 5 (cost report certification) will not show calculations at this time but will be updated to allow for certification prior to the April 1, 2021 close date.
- In response to the current PHE related to COVID-19, HHSC has requested approval for additional flexibility related to the Random Moment Time Study (RMTS) for impacted quarters.
- HHSC will send updated communication to inform ISDs when step 5 is available for certification as soon as it is available.
We understand these changes and the timeline may impact districts. HHSC will communicate any related updates as quickly as possible.
ONWARD will begin working on entering Cost Report data as soon as we have access to your Fairbanks Financial account. Please contact Aprel Dobson, Director of Finance, at email@example.com to send your financial data to ONWARD.
For questions, please call the SHARS helpline at (512) 730-7400 or email us at ProviderFinanceSHARS@hhs.texas.gov.
For help with STAIRS, contact the Fairbanks Information Center at 888-321-1225 or firstname.lastname@example.org.