ONWARD is here to provide our clients with information and reminders regarding the SHARS program. We want to emphasize important points from HHSC regarding RMTS.
Primary RMTS Program Contact
- The Primary RMTS Contact is responsible for ensuring the district complies with all RMTS requirements and serves as a communicator between HHSC and their district participants. It is crucial LEAs understand that compliance with the RMTS annual training is required and mandatory.
- The Primary RMTS Contact is required to complete their annual RMTS training (May 2022 – August 2022) before the 1st quarter participant list closes (PL). If the primary contact cannot meet these requirements, please reassign the role to another district employee.
Secondary RMTS Program Contact
- A Secondary RMTS Contact will be required to complete annual training (May 2022 – February 2023) before the 3rdquarter PL closes.
- If a district has multiple secondary RMTS Contacts, the primary contact will need to select one secondary contact who will be responsible for completing their annual training. Only after the district RMTS contact (primary and secondary) have completed their RMTS annual training, will a district be in compliance.
- If a district is contracted with an SSA, Co-op or a third-party vendor, each district is still required to have at least 2 employees from their district attend training.
Training Session Reminders
- Please be sure to log in on time for training. RMTS trainings begin at its exact time. Anyone who is more than 15 minutes late to any of the training, will automatically be ineligible to receive training credit.
- If an attendee is having technical difficulties and is not able to log in on time for training, or experiencing technical difficulties during the training, they will need to contact technical support and send an email Time Study immediately and/or within 15 minutes of the training start time. Once the technical difficulty has been resolved, the attendee will need to send a follow-up email informing us. Time Study will review the information provided by the attendee, including the post training data provided to determine if the attendee is eligible to receive training credit. If there is a discrepancy in the information the attendee has provided, they will be contacted, and more information will have to be provided before determining eligibility. Failure to do adhere to these rules will automatically disqualify the attendee from being ineligible to receive training credit.
Failure to comply with this requirement can affect your district’s ability to certify the participant list. In addition, your district’s superintendent will be notified of any person(s) who has failed to comply with the RMTS training requirements.
The link provided below is to the HHSC Provider Finance Department LEA (ISD) webpage. It will provide information and details about training requirements, training registration, as well as a list of contacts should you have any questions.
If you have any questions, please contact the Texas Health & Human Services Commission (HHSC) Time Study Unit at (737) 867-7794 or TimeStudy@hhsc.state.tx.us.