SHARS TELEHEALTH SERVICES EXTENDED INTO THE NEW YEAR
SHARS expanded telehealth services are available through January 21, 2021. If the federal public health emergency continues beyond January 21, 2021, then the services are expanded through January 31, 2021.
Telehealth services must meet specific criteria:
– SHARS and special education guidance remain in effect;
– Eligible telehealth services include:
Counseling/ Psychological services
– Parent or adult student consent for specific telehealth services must be documented prior to the delivery of the service. Consent may be written or verbal.
– Each session must provide synchronous audiovisual interaction.
– A parent or adult student must provide consent to the service provider to allow anyone other than the child and parent to be present during the session. This should be documented.